Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Narcist Asteride - After metamorphosis

During a hike in Nahal Peres, in the south-west of the Dead Sea, we met some camels.
Here is one smiling to you :)


When we got back, I finally finished my metamorphosed asteride bracelet and it became full of colourful daffodils.
The daffodils are done following "3-D Beaded Daffodils by Emily Hackbarth":
http://beadwork.about.com/library/weekly/aa060198.htm

I found a daffodil I did about a year ago with Chinese seed beads and simple fishing thread. http://judith27k.blogspot.com/2007/03/narcis-cactus.html It took me then at least three hrs if not more. The beads were exploding all the time and the thread was too thick. I had many many difficulties with it and it was a real achievement to finish it then. It took me one year to recover from the horrible experience with those Chinese seed beads. This time, I did the daffodils with Matsuno and Toho 11 seed beads. The yellow and hot pink Matsuno were behaving so badly I had to use a 15' needle. When I was really efficient, I managed to finish one daffodil in 1 3/4 hr. An additional conclusion, is that it is better to use a monofiber nylon thread to make the yellow center of the daffodils so that it can stand stiff and not fold itself.

I also finally found a home to the bumble bee I showed you lately:
http://judith27k.blogspot.com/2007/12/191207-american-fuchsia-earring-french.html
The bumble bee scheme appears in Marie-Claude Burel's book - "Petites Betes en Perles - 30 Insectes Et Araignees En Perles De Rocaille" p.58-59 (Bourdon Terrestre).



After some shots of the bracelet I encountered a couple of butterflies having some fun together. Aren't they nice?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

superbe ce bracelet fleuri!!! Il me plait beaucoup!Bises