Monday, February 16, 2009

17.2.09 "Earflap Hat" designed by Nicky Epstein


You will find the instructions of this beautiful "Earflap Hat" in the "Crocheted Flowers" book by Nicky Epstein p.36-39.
The project was very fun, except the 3 hrs I spent weaving in the yarn ends... It's my first hat and it was amazing how in 2 1/2 hrs there was already a hat done. All the rest took longer of course, taking into account I made 12 flowers I didn't use, till I reached the flower prototype that was similar enough to the book picture. The acrylic yarn that I used may have behaved differently from what they recommend and I couldn't get a nice fluffy flower. I ended up with a wheely flower which didn't look like I wanted. Finally, I just understood I had to make 2 ch to start the flowers instead of 6 and for some of the flowers, I just made a double layered flower, to give it some volume.

I also got excited today for receiving my first Japanese book which has very cute crocheted food projects. The thing is that now I have to start learning Japanese...
Japanese Crochet Pattern Book- 10 digit ISBN 4861912016 13 digit ISBN 9784861912016 Desserts and Food theme- keito no tei taimu fujita tomoko no nitsuto ru mu- 毛糸のティータイム

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a nice hat :)
but I hope you will not forget the beads....
Iris

Anonymous said...

ehh.. love this thread ))