Sunday, May 24, 2009

23.5.09 The Choco-Moka-Vanil Necklace for Naomi's 24th Birthday

My apologize for the bad picture quality , I had very bad conditions to take it.
The 5-petals flowers close to the center motif are the small "Center or Not" from "Crochet Bouquet" p.21.
The Trimmed "Off-Center Round" - is also taken from "Crochet Bouquet" p.27.
The two types of rounded mandalas are taken from a Japanese booklet.
The small white flowers close to the clasp are the "apple blossom crochet flowers" from here (for free) and originally appears in the 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet book by Lesley Stanfield, St. Martin's Griffin, 2009.
I learned the Santolina flowers (look like small beige buttons) with my friend, from the "100 Flowers to Knit and Crochet", p.86. The small stem is a bit different and is adapted from another project.
Finally, I started the center motif with the Santolina flower and moved on, playing a bit till I got this shape, based on many double trebles.
So here it is, I am glad I have finished it, not so much enthusiastic of my sister's response, which apparently didn't find it so nice for her :-( ....