Tuesday, July 7, 2009

7.7.09 Iris Earrings based on Emily Hackbarth Design

Woow, now I realize that I started beading 2 years and 9 months ago. Time flies! Help!
Anyway, in December 2006, I tried the Iris free project from this link, designed by Emily Hackbarth. However, at that time I was using chinese seed beads and that made things quiet impossible. I struggled then to make one earring but it was not even close to what it should have been. There was even another attempt somewhere, sometime, but it got stuck somewhere.

These days I am trying to convince myself that if I have no special idea to bead, than I had better try to finish some of my zillion unfinished projects. So....... I took this project and I made it! Two earrings (even if you don't see them in the picture ;-) )! Well, it took me three full afternoon-evenings to accomplish that from zero (~12 hrs?) and Omer had the great idea that I should take it one step further and make some green parts. YEPI, I am glad.

By the way, does anyone know if Emily has a gallery or blog? Her designs are so nice and I am curious to see her creations.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is absolutely beautiful! I love Iris flowers. My mother grew TONS of them in her side garden. Blue was her favorite color, too! Those are so sweet and pretty and you did a beautiful job on them. What an accomplishment! :)

judith27k said...

Thank you TattingChic! I wish I could also grow them, maybe one day if I have a garden...
Have a great and flowering day :-)

Judith

Ági mama said...

Super!!!

khahina said...

Nice work.

Usually we do the flower not the green, but it's fun like that .
...

Have a nice day