Saturday, June 19, 2010

1.6.08 - 19.6.10 Lisa Scelsi Amphorae and Bead Infinitum double daisy chain



I once saw the Little Urn Necklace of Lisa Scelsi, with Bead Infinitum "Double Daisy Chain" and really wanted to have such an amphora of mine.
I beaded the Amphora almost exactly 2 years ago, mainly with 15/0 seed beads, based on the pictures (1,2) from Lisa's website (Liliad Bijoux) and partly based on Mimi LG's round beaded bead tutorial (used to be free on Mimi's blog, but unfortunately no longer available on the net).
At that time I also started the daisy chain which is a free pattern of Bead Infinitum (p.1,2, 3, 4) . However, I just got stuck with this chain and tried several times to come back to finish this project without success. Recently, I was in a mood of finishing old projects and unbelievably managed to finish this chain. Not that I am satisfied with the combination of the amphorae and the chain (I find it too much of the same color and the amphorae doesn't receive the right attention), but for the moment, there is a BIG progress.

No comments: